Friday, May 20, 2011

And I raaaaaaaaaan.....



I ran so far aaaawwwwwaaaaayayayayyy. Heh. Not really, it was more like almost 2 miles. 1.9ish to be exact, at least according to the little app on my phone I dl'ed a few minutes in when I got smart. First time that I've ran in almost 5 years. I don't mean like ran to the fridge to get a beer, or ran to the bathroom at 2 AM after the bar. I mean I RAN. I ran just to run, to remember what it felt like, to remember the sound of my own heart beating in my ears. It definitely did that. Beat pretty damn hard for a spell. Yes, I said spell, its my "have watched movies with Southern people in them" hospitality. Beat so hard I wasn't sure I'd make it. Then it all came back....the controlling the breathing, the rhythm of the strides...all of it. And it was pretty damn awesome. Don't get me wrong, it was pure agony for most of the time, but damnit, it was the best kind of agony. The "I know how good this is for me" kind. In a way, I think it was a transformation for me. It felt like a passing of the torch (cue Olympic theme) from SmokerCasey to NonsmokerCasey. I'm sure tomorrow it's gonna feel like something entirely different when I stand up out of bed, but ya know what? I can't wait......

No comments:

Post a Comment